Wednesday, June 26, 2002

I know you're all waiting for it, because I know y'all love it, but, here it comes....

More Fear and Loathing on the Unemployment Trail

Got a message from Supermonstorous Corp. on Tuesday. Wanted me to come in for an interview on Thursday. As in this Thursday. This is the very same Supermonstorous Corp that two weeks ago called me for a phone interview on a sunday afternoon right in the middle of my nap time.

Since I was in the shower, I didn't answer the phone. So I called the lady back and left a message. No call back. At all. Starting at four, I called the lady every ten minutes hoping to get her. You have to do these things you know, because you can never trust anyone in HR at any company that has more than say, oh, ten employees to actually return a phone call. Finally, at 4:50, I reached her. She said she got my message, that Thursday would be fine, but that she hadn't called me back because she hadn't reached the Managers of the Department I'm supposed to talk with to set up a time. She then said she'll call me back as soon as she gets word.

Now, if you call someone saying you want to interview someone on a specific day, shouldn't you figure out what time of that day would work first? Shouldn't she know this already? Especially considering said interview is only two days from the point you called to set up the interview?

And considering it's 11 o'clock and I still haven't heard back from them, I have to wonder this: whaaaaa? Now, once again, I have to spend all day waiting by the phone, waiting to find out what time I can come in.

Got a bad feeling about this.......

No comments: