Thursday, July 25, 2002

Ah, the post-interview wait, my favorite part- the checking of phone messages every half an hour, the self-analysis of every word and every moment for ways I could have fucked it up, that feeling of excitement mixed with deep dread.

Rock on.

And I sit here and wonder, as I check my phone messages, various things about the interview. Was the fact that one of the interviewers ran out of questions in a couple of minutes a good thing? Was the fact we somehow got into discussions of Mission bars, The Whicker Man, Buffy, and Manchester United a good thing? I mean, did he run out of things to say because he instantly wanted to hire me (especially since I threw in "ManU" and "treble" right at the beginning of the interview when I saw all the Manchester United posters) or did he know within minutes that I was wrong and didn't want to deal with interviewing with me because I was the last one they talked to and it was the end of the day? I've heard that women know within minutes whether or not the guy has a chance and maybe it's same thing with job interviews.

Or, did they all notice that due to various reasons, I spent most of the day sweating my ass off and everything I was wearing drenched in sweat? Or I made one verbal slip and might have revealed the one big hole in my resume.

And you know, the amazing thing about the whole thing is that so much is riding on just one phone call. One. Just one simple voice-mail message and my whole life could change.

Ugh.

No comments: