Tuesday, July 02, 2002

And now, the Sweat Pants Phase-

Wake up but don't get out of bed. Watch TV for an hour until I've realized that there's absolutely nothing on, so get up. Go online for an hour, think about showering and getting coffee, but not motivated enough to do it. Read all my sites within an hour, curse myself for reading half of them last night out of boredom, and decide it's time to move on. Take a shower but stay in there too long because I can't think of a reason to get out. Finally get out, throw on random t-shirt and shorts, get coffee and the paper, head back home and read the paper. . Think about lunch but can't figure out what I want to eat so I don't eat. Not that hungry anyways. Think about what I'm gonna do today, but what. Could see a movie, could go to the Y, could read a book, could write. Could hang out with other unemployed friends, could go hang out in an outdoor café. Or I could not. Spend all day watching TV instead. Spend most of it hoping something new happens on CNN or MSNBC that I haven't seen over the past couple of hours. Watch MTV of VH-1 to see if they show anything interesting. They don't. So I watch SportsCenter for the third time in the past 24 hours. Spend hours online, reading message boards but don't feel like posting anything. Enjoy all the nasty comments about Kyle, though.

Look for a job, but can't find anything. Call the Temp agencies, but nothing's there. Don't care anyways. Don't want to temp, don't think sending out a resume will matter anyways. Realize I need to do something to shake things up, but don't know what. It's too much to think about anyways.

I have achieved the perfect balance of apathy, ambivelance, and ennui. I am zen-like in it. I could meditate on it, be one with one it, achieve harmony with it. But I'm too bored too.

At least the Buffy Musical is on tonight.


No comments: