Monday, July 29, 2002

I had this long rant prepared about how companies have you drag your ass on down for an interview, make you sit anxiously by the phone, and then never have the common decency to let you know you didn't get the job. It was good. All of this was because I was stressed out over that job I was waiting to hear back from. Just as I was hitting full-on panic mode, they went out and sent me an e-mail letting me that it'll take a few more days than they said it would, so. They even said to have a nice weekend.

Isn't that nice? (No really, I mean it, no sarcasm intended).

And isn't that easy? The whole communicating thing. See, it's all about R-E-S-P-E-C-T- take care of TCP- and even if I don't get the job, I'll feel better about the whole thing. Because they at least they treated me well and with dignity. Of course, they could still hire someone else and not tell me, in which case that rant' will be posted faster than you can say "Ben Afleck's dating J-Lo?". And it also means I had the entire weekend to do some more stressing and have all of this week to do some more. Not to mention analyze every word of the e-mail that I received, like some high-school girl just being passed a note from some guy in Science class, just to see if I can figure out what's gonna happen, but still.

I also got an e-mail about some job completely out of the realm of not only what I was looking for, but what I have experience in. When I talked to them on the phone, I kept on wanting to ask them if they had me confused with someone else. The HR person even pulled up my resume while I was on the phone with her and I still wanted to ask her if it really was my resume.

But that wasn't the crazy thing. The crazy thing was the salary- a managerial position somewhere in the high '30's. Are they serious? Do they live here? Do they know how expensive this area is? And it's not an easy job too. When I see job postings that list a salary somewhere in the low 30's, I just laugh. Who the hell do they expect to hire?

The other weird job thing was that I heard back from the Lucy Publishing Company (for those who just joined us, it's a Publishing company that has been dicking me around for almost a year about a job) about coming in for an interview. I don't trust them at all, but what else can I do? The worst part about it is that during the whole process, I have to pretend that I'm happy to see them and that it was no big deal that they jerked me around for a whole year. I'll just have to sit around, all smiles, and say things like "oh, no problem" and "no, it's no big deal, it's not like I've burned out all the money I own in the world and I'm in so much debt to my credit card companies that Big Pussy is calling me every other day." The way I see it, they owe me a job for dicking me around so much. They've had me bend over so many times for them that they can tell me how my prostate is doing.

Man, I need a job.

No comments: