Thursday, May 01, 2003

For what it's worth, I apparently kick butt in kickball. I'm guessing, thought, that it's not really worth much.

Another league, another team, another thing I've done in this city that I've signed up as an individual, not knowing anyone. See, in order to survive in this city for so long, especially as a single person, you have to constantly reinvent yourself. You have to pick yourself up and go find things to do, excuses to go out, and ways to meet people. Life is a constant struggle to move forward.

Once again, I'm the old-timer on a team. I'm the only one whose over thirty. I'm the one whose lived in the city for over a couple of years. I'm the one who knows where everything is and everything there is to do. All the other men on the team are all new to the city- all single and fresh-faced and eager. The women....lesbian? Or young. And then there's me.

Maybe staying home watching TV isn't such a bad thing. I think I'm tired of meeting new people.



No comments: