Tuesday, May 06, 2003

God damnit, you have two episodes left, stop sucking and start rocking.

Anyways, I would regale everyone with stories from my first day at the new job, but considering that this is my third new job since October, I've already done it. Besides, all things considering, I've had so many first days lately that they're getting kind of boring.

I will say this- I do project managing. My old job was trying to do project management in a place that couldn't be managed. I was a sheriff in a frontier town. I was trying to pull a John Wayne there. A Jimmy Stewart. A Shane. My new job, however, is like being a sheriff in upper-middle white suburbia. It's like being the sheriff in Walnut Creek. And you know, I'm kind of thinking that trying to be John Wayne is probably a bit more fun.

Too bad it doesn't pay as well to be John Wayne.

No comments: