Wednesday, May 21, 2003

I have begun to realize that there are two types of people- sweet snack people and salty snack people. Sweet snack people are, of course, one's who love chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate. Salty snack people are into Dorito's, chips, pretzels, and anything and everything involving cheese. In fact, the cheesier the better.

I am firmly aligned in the salty snack group. I would much rather have nacho's than cake, chips over M & M's, cheese fondue over chocolate fondue. Cool ranch Dorito's are my crack.

Unfortunately, there's a problem to this, besides the fact that junk food is bad and salty snacks are bad for you- I'm supposed to eat fruit. I don't eat nearly enough fruit and by all accounts, I need to eat fruit, fruit, and more fruit. Sadly, I don't eat like eating fruit because, well, fruit is sweet. Which is why it's easy to eat fruit if you're a sweet snack person, but not so helpful if you're a salty snack type person. Despite the fact there's free fruit at my office, I don't have any desire to eat it, it's just not my bag, baby.

What all of us salty snack people need is, well, salty fruit. Which is damn near impossible, so the solution is plenty obvious. Fruit covered with gobs of cheese. Preferably melted or extra-sharp.

Can someone get on that, please?

No comments: