Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Now here's the problem with playing Fantasy Sports- today it was announced that the closer for the Giants, Rob Nen, is now officially out for the rest of the season. This is bad. On the other hand, I slyly picked up the guy who is going to take his place, Tim Worrell. So while Nen's injury is bad for the Giants, it's good for me. Except for the fact that Nen's a great pitcher and the Giants need him to help stomp through the season, so it's bad for me. Except it's good. Or not.

And here's another situation. I went to the Giants game on Sunday. The Giants had a 4-1 lead going late into the game and things looked like I could get Worrell in for a save situation. Then the Giants started getting runners on and I started to think- the bigger the lead the better, but if they score more runs, I lose out on my save situation. So, while the Giants scoring more runs is good for the Giants and so good for me, I was hoping they wouldn't score more runs because I wanted the save. I found myself kind of hoping the Giants wouldn't score just so I could get the save.

Don't even get me started when somebody on my team faces a Giants pitcher.....

No comments: