Sunday, May 18, 2003

God damnit, once again the rest of the world is behind the curve that I've already been there, done it with. The NY Times has a story in the Sunday paper-certainly the sign of something becoming a major trend if ever there was- about the pitfalls of blogging. In it, they mention people who got in trouble over blogging, people who had relationships go awry because of it, and people who got in trouble with friends over it. God damnit, why didn't they interview me- I've had all three happen to me. I got in trouble for posting stuff at work, got dumped because of stuff I posted, and got in a fight with a friend about something. Granted, the pissing off the friend was kind of the intentional side, but still. Thank God both my parents have both completely forgotten that I have this page (don't get me started).

There's even a blurb about the temptations of posting really personal stuff as a way to attract attention. I know all about that. Hell, my readership has gone way down now that I got a job, got paranoid, and got happy (well, somewhat happy in a relative sense). I can't tell you how many times people have told me how boring this page has gotten since I started working (or at least, got threatened with lawyers). I could give you the joys of online dating, working for meglomaniac eccentrics and the incompetant managers that work for them, or how there's nothing like travelling down the state for the company party after only being on a job for a week to make you get that High School loser feeling again, but I don't feel like it.

Unless, of course, you want to hear about it.

I knew I should have written a story about all of the crazy stuff my stupid-ass blog has done. Might as well have gotten some fame or attention for this thing what with all the problems it's caused me.

No comments: