Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Okay, let's recap-

I am averaging about three hours of sleep for the past three nights. Last night was worse than the others. The only thing keeping me on my two feet right now is adrenaline and stress, stress so thick caffeine has been officially banned because I'm already feeling like I'm on a three day meth bender. I'm feeling so stressed out I've been clenching my teeth so much that it's giving me a headache. I've been clenching my teeth so much that I accidentally bit my tongue the other day and it hurts everytime I open my mouth. My ear problem took a turn for the worse and I'm back to being completely deaf in my right ear.

Plus the Giants and have lost five in a row and there's now only six days left until the final episode of Buffy

I am a mess.

Luckily, I'm going away tomorrow for the big E3 trade show and the company party. On the one hand, it's way cool that two weeks into a job, I'm being flown down to LA for the company party (unlike, say, a certain ex-company). Not to mention the fact that it's always a good sign when the company can actually fly all 1200 employees from around the world to a company-wide party in LA. On the other hand, I've been on the job for a little over the week and I barely know my department coworkers, let alone 1200 company employees. The only two people I've really spent any time with are my boss and the girl who's training me. My boss is nice and could probably be fun at one of these things, but is having a fling with one of the big Salesguy's and is probably gonna be a little preoccupied. The girl whose training me is way cool and, having been at the company for three years, including a year as the receptionist, knows everyone in the company. She is also a huge party-girl. But she also knows everyone in the company and is a huge party girl. I don't know how much she'll let me glom onto her all night, especially since she's been stressed out all week and we're having a little joined-at-the hip tension.

Then, of course, there's the fact that when I think about it, the thing that's making me seriously stressed out right now is my job. I am about to go on a plane, fly to another city, go to a party, and spend about 48 hours with the thing that's causing me all my stress.

Yeehaw.

On the other hand, I do have tix to see the Matrix Saturday night. So I have that going for me, which is nice.



No comments: