Tuesday, October 14, 2003

I've been unemployed for so long and for so often that I'm running out of jobs to interview. It's like I've been in this big, huge circle of friends and I've been either rejected or screwed over by all the women in the group that I've run out of women to date. I'm seeing jobs posted at place I interviewed with over a year or two ago. I've been called by recruiters for contract positions that I've interviewed for. And I've even been turned down for a job in which the person who turned me down for the job was someone who got a job I sent in a resume for.

A month ago a recruiter called me about a temporary position. After writing down the details of the job it occurred to me that the company name and the person I was supposed to meet rang a bell. Then it hit me- I've already interviewed with them for the exact same position. It was the place where I thought I had a great shot at because I had all these random connections to, but wound up not getting due to spending too much time the night before having panic attacks about not drafting any running backs for my Fantasy Football draft. I called the person and explained the situation, that I had already interviewed there, but they still wanted to talk to me. So I went in for the interview.

The interview was kind of weird. It basically consisted of me telling them what I've been doing for a year, why I'm once again looking for a job, and then a lot of shoulder shrugging when asked if I had any questions. What was there to say? We already did that routine. Naturally, I didn't get the job. They shot me down twice. What's the old saying "fool me once, shame on you, shame me twice, bite me?"

And then a couple of days ago, I saw another job posting, one perfect for me, one that I'd be great at. One problem, I had also interviewed there too. And man, that was a lot of fun. They were the one's who screwed me around for almost a year, playing Lucy and the football to my Charlie Brown. Of course, I couldn't send in my resume. I kind of hate them. They kind of fucked me.

But what the hell, I need a job. Maybe they won't screw me this time.

No comments: