Monday, October 27, 2003

Ummm…okay….here's what I think happened….

I remember dancing. Twice, in two different places. I don't remember what to, but it doesn't really matter as it seems every Yuppie club these days play nothing but ten-year old hip-hop. I do remember at one point being told how much fun it looked like my group was having. I also remember being taught how to do that sweet little circa 1988 C&C Music Factory dance move that looks like you're running in place and only makes sense if you're wearing baggy t-shirts and lycra bike pants. There might also have been some bumping and grinding, but I honestly don't remember for sure.

I know we crashed one private party and wanted to sneak onto one of those Party Trolleys but the Party Trolley didn't show up and left us all somewhere in Polk Gulch. Then there was another party I wanted to crash but got scared off by the gauntlet of Aryan Youth Marina Dwellers on the outdoor patio of Delaney's blocking the way in. I think I was kind of bummed because I was covered head-to-toe in mud and was proud of the impression I was making while lost in the Marina.

I do remember the dive that made me that way. It was a head-first dive for a ball right in the middle of a puddle of mud. I also remember another one-handed dive for the ball, one-handed due to the fact I was right in the middle of eating a hand-full of Dorito's. I'm pretty sure my backwards tip-pass to the teammate following me from behind didn't work out. I'm also pretty sure I got caught twice on the base path. Once because I slipped, the other because I was too busy taunting the thrower that I didn't realize that I completely over-ran home plate and that there was somebody right behind me to get the overthrown ball. It was also about 90 degrees outside and we played something like three hours of kickball so all of it is kind of blended into one.

Then there was the Jager shots. And the Miller Lights. Then the pitchers of free beer and margaritas. Somewhere, somehow a 13 year old bottle of Glen Fiddich Scotch was involved, but I don't think I had any of it. I also think a crumpled up Miller Light can was turned into a pipe and there was a discussion of what the penalty for smoking on a Naval Base was.

Everything else is a bit hazy. Everything except that I left my apartment around 10:30 in the morning and got home somewhere around 1:30, sleeping off and on til football came on.

Man, that was a long day….

No comments: