Friday, October 17, 2003

Man, so many people be hatin' on the Jews this week that you wonder if we were the one's who left Pedro in for too long.

It came as quite a shock that a columnist, Gregg Easterbrook, got in trouble this week for anti-semitic remarks. I won't repeat them here, but they were pretty bad- one of the worst things someone could say about Jews. He's since apologized for such remarks, an apology that seems completely sincere and honest, but the thing that shocks me is not what he said but that Easterbrook is one of my favorite columnist's. I've been reading his Tuesday Morning Quarterback on ESPN.com since he started it on Slate two years ago. Lately, he's put up a non-football related blog-page which I have bookmarked and read daily. While I sometimes don't agree with his views, he is always thoughtful and intelligent and so independent in his views that I'm still not quite sure what party he supports (I think he's a Democrat, but I'm not quite sure). He also is one of the few football commentators to point out the hideous trends in NFL uniforms (Bills & Seahawks, I'm looking at you) or give previews in Haiku format. All that and a huge Buffy fan too (side note- this week's column features gratitious Jennifer Connelly pictures- always good in my opinion). As someone who loves his work and has quoted him in certain pieces, the whole thing is all kinds of weird. I even read the offending item and didn't notice what he said mainly because I was too busy being offended of his trashing of "Kill Bill" (it's good, people, it's good!)

Oh yeah, and there's that whacky Malysian Prime Minister who says us Jews run everything, which always pisses me off because if we do, why can't somebody get me into the action? I swear, who do you gottta know….

PS- turns out the guy whose in charge of fetching Saddam & Osama (and good job of it too) is some whacky Christian Evangelist who thinks Bush was elected by God and that the U.S will prevail because our God is bigger than anyone else's God. Maybe if he wasn't too busy looking for Satan, he'd actually find one of those guys.

No comments: