Monday, October 06, 2003

Yes, it's Yom Kippur today. I guess one of the benefits of being unemployed during the High Holy Days is that I don't have to have the big go-to-work/not-go-to-work debate. I am, however, not going to services. To go to all of the big, normal Temples is a bity pricey, $100 bucks or so. You can find cheaper services to attend, but most of them are of the "we not only have to attone for our sins, but for all the sins we have propagated on the oppressed people of the third world" variety. Besides, for those who have never done it, spending all day in Temple while fasting is not the easiest thing in the world to do. The rabbi may be saying "and Adonai said to Jacob, thou must fasten the robes like so" but after awhile, all you hear is "and Adonai said to Jacob, thou must eat bacon-double-cheeseburgers with chili cheese fries."

And no, I am not fasting. I know, I should be to atone for my sins and blah, blah, blah, blah, but I don't really want to hear it. I'm unemployed for the third time in five years, except this time I had a job, only to lose it due to the freaking out of a psychotic bitch of a boss. I also just paid all my bills via credit card, the Giants won 100 games during the year only to fall apart in the playoffs, my Fantasy Football team is 1-4, and I'm about a day away from having Arnie as my governor. I am not only not fasting, but if I was able to get out of bed fast enough I was going to make a statement by marching down to MickeyD's and having myself a yummy bacon, egg and cheese bagel. Unfortunately, I couldn't get out of bed fast enough so I didn't. It's the start of the first Summer Season repeats of BH 9'er on F/X and as it was the episode in which Brenda and Dylan got back together, I just had to watch it. I am, however, looking forward to my yummy ham & cheese sandwhich instead.

I know, I know, I know, kind of wrong. Kind of bad. Not to mention having this whole Wrath of God thing that I might be incurring by forsaking His will. Eh, screw it. Really, so what if I incur Wrath of God? What could happen? It's not like anything worse can happen right now.

No comments: