Thursday, December 11, 2003

Ahhh, Buffy Season Three, how I love you so…..

There's a place I interviewed with months ago, right when my recent bout of unemployment began. It was the place in which the person I interviewed with told me that many people who worked there couldn't take it because things were too slow and too mellow. Which, of course, sounds like heaven.

Anyways, a week after my first interview I didn't hear back from them and called them to see what was up, thinking the whole time that, of course, I'd never reach them. I did. They even told me I was first in the running but they still had a few people to talk to.

A week later I still hadn't heard anything back so I called them again. This time I couldn't reach anyone and left a message, thinking the whole time that I'd never actually hear back from them. A couple of days later, someone actually called me back to let me know that the job had been shelved and they won't be ready to hire anyone til December.

So, now it's December and today I called them again. I couldn't reach anyone, so I left a message, once again expecting the whole time that I'd never hear back from them. And once again, a few days later they called back. They're not hiring until January, but they told me to check in with them again in January.

What's up with that? I mean, they actually called me back- twice. Don't the people in HR know that they're not supposed to call me back? I mean, if they call me back they're setting a bad precedent. They're going to make other people expect to be called back by HR departments and we all know that can't happen. Isn't there some big HR Organization that monitors these things? Somebody's gotta stop this.

Next thing you know, dogs and cats will be living together.

No comments: