Tuesday, December 16, 2003

I wasn't watching, but is this true?

From Howard Kurtz's always excellent Media Notes in the Washington Post:

"As I type, Howard Dean is giving his foreign policy speech, carried live on the cable networks. "My position on the war in Iraq has not changed," he declared, adding: "The capture of Saddam has not made America safer."

Fox News just shrunk the ex-governor to a small box and put that picture of Saddam opening wide for the tongue depressor in a big box.


I wonder how long it will be before Fox starts showing Democratic Presidential candidates in the small box and show Fox commentators making faces behind them?

And while I'm not buying at all some of the uber-lefty conspiracy thinkers out there who are saying that Bush had Saddam trapped for awhile and just decided to get him now while there's all these bad stories about Halliburton out there is a crock, I am a little skeptical about the "report" that a soldier said "President Bush sends his greetings" upon seeing Saddam in the spider-hole.

By the way, 27 hours, 22 minutes and 10 seconds until I see a movie called "one of the greatest achievements in film history"

No comments: