Wednesday, December 31, 2003

All day yesterday I had a bad song going through my head. It was a super-cheesy 70’s tune, one of those one hit wonder type songs with a “the sun will come out tomorrow”, “don’t stop believing,” up with people type themes to it. Imagine my suprise as I walked into Walgreens to buy a new umbrella and heard the very same song being blasted over the loudspeaker.

And so I thought, is this some sort of cosmic message? Is it a sign? A message? A portent? Are The Powers that Be/The Elders/the Big Kahuna or whomever is out there letting me know that after what was a pretty bleak day, “ooh child, things are gonna get easier?” Should I take this as a sign that 2004 will be my Summer of George? Or is it all some big, huge, random coincidence telling me nothing more than I need to get better songs going through my head?

I guess starting tonight I’ll find out.

No comments: