Thursday, December 18, 2003

I thought twenty minute dates was bad enough, but a ten minute job interview? I go in there, get quickly shown what I have to do, get asked all these questions that have nothing to do with the jb, like where I live and how I'm spending Christmas, only to find out later that afternoon somehow I didn't get the job. Which would be fine, I guess, if it was a real job, but we're talking about a stupid fucking data-entry temp job here. Albeit a four month, not bad paying, totally cushy Temp job, but still a data entry temp job.

Somehow, in that ten minutes they somehow decided I wasn't right. How does one decide in ten minutes that one isn't right for a stupid fucking data entry temp job? Especially since I can type 75 WPM and can do ten key in my sleep (which was brought up in the interview- the 75 WPM not the in my sleep part). How did I not get it? What the fuck did I do wrong in my ten minute interview, hardly any of which actually consisted of talking about the job? I wish I could dissect it and figure out what I did wrong, but it's kind of hard to do when it only LASTED FOR TEN MINUTES. I even wore my brand new, kick-ass suit. I even gave the "I would be really good at this job because I've been doing data entry since college" speech at the end. But to no avail.

Could it get more humiliating?

No comments: