Saturday, December 27, 2003

Yes, I can now say I’ve seen “Queer Eye for a Straight Guy” and yes, I realize that this puts the normally on-it me way behind the Pop Culture 8 ball on this one. It’s kind of fun, but I have to wonder while watching it if the Producers told “the Fab Five” before they went on to ixnay the isplay. And if they could please not refer to each either as “sweety” or “honey” during the show. Because damn if those five gay males don’t sound straight. Other than the blonde guy (I think his name is Carson) you wouldn’t be able to tell that they were gay if it weren’t for they fact they were all well dressed.

Because, you know, gay guys are great on TV if they’re funny and snarky, but not if they actually sound gay. Or, for heaven’s sake, do anything to make anyone actually think they have gay sex.

No comments: