Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Act I, Scene I

I'm returning from lunch to go into my office building. Outside the front door I see one of the designer's I work with. I see him pull out his cell phone and almost drop it, bobbling it a few times. Good time to make small-talk with coworker I haven't made small talk with before. And I have an opening too!

Me: Be careful with that cell phone
GD: What?
Me: I said, be careful with that cell phone. You could drop it.
GD: What? What about my cell phone?
Me: Uh, didn't you almost drop your cell phone
GD: No
Me (obviously flailing) Really, I thought I saw you bobble it?
GD: No. What do you mean by bobble?
Me: You know, kind of like drop it?
GD: No, I don't know. I've never heard of that word.
Me: What word?
GD: Bobble. I've never heard the expression "bobble it."
Me: Ah, umm, well, ahhh, I'll see ya. I gotta duck in there (heads to bathroom).

No comments: