Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'm tired, I'm cranky, and I'm buzzed, so.....

Actual transcript of one "Ask the President" campaign events:

"Mr. President, you were a fighter pilot and you were with the 147th Fighter Wing?"
"Yes," answers Bush.
"And flew a very dangerous aircraft, the Delta F102?"
"Right, and I'm still standing."
"I want to thank you for serving our country"
"Thank you."
"Thank you for serving."

And of another one:

Q On behalf of Vietnam veterans -- and I served six tours over there -- we do support the President. I only have one concern, and that's on the Purple Heart, and that is, is that there are over 200,000 Vietnam vets that died from Agent Orange and were never -- no Purple Heart has ever been awarded to a Vietnam veteran because of Agent Orange because it's never been changed in the regulations. Yet, we've got a candidate for President out here with two self-inflicted scratches, and I take that as an insult. (Applause.)

THE PRESIDENT: Well, I appreciate that. Thank you. Thank you for your service. Six tours? Whew. That's a lot of tours.

I've said this before and I'll say this again- Wake up white people!

No comments: