Thursday, August 19, 2004

Tired….so…so….tired….

Temp job today sucked. As per usual. After finally finishing up the sorting, we moved into putting the newly sorted files into boxes. Yippee-kie-ay motherfucker.

And all day, as I'm picking up files and putting them away, I kept on thinking about the immortal words of Dante (of "Clerks," not "the Inferno): I'm not even supposed to be here today. You know, Dante Allegeri might have given us one of the first epics of Western Literature as well as the best look into Medieval thinking, but did he give us the term snowballing? I don't think so. What do you think is the greater accomplishment?

PS- While I do love the Sports Guy, can he name-drop both a classic of medieval literature and a classic of Slacker filmmaking? And in the same sentence even? I don't think so. And while I do love a good 90210 reference (as we all know), there's only so many times one can reference Kelly Taylor and still get a laugh. Besides, where is the love for Melrose Place's Allison? Doesn’t just the mention of her name instantly make you cringe in remembrance of her whining?

No comments: