Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Because it's the little things that matter-

Starting tomorrow, I'll have a new health care plan, one through my new employer. Yeah, not the most exciting thing in the world, but for some reason it's making me happy. Part of it, I guess, is that it's one more sign that this weird, surreal, dream that I've been having for the past month (things feel so askew lately that I'm half expecting a big guy in a bunny suit to start talking to me) is actually true. And part of it is because the health insurance I was getting was through the ex-company and so now I'm completely and totally rid of them.

When I sent an e-mail to the HR person at the ex-company, I felt like adding a signature to the end of the e-mail, one that mentioned my new title (much spiffier sounding than the one I had there) and new company (a company whose owner could buy the ex-company just using the spare change he could find in an old couch). You know, because living well is the best revenge and revenge, as the Klingon's tell us, is a dish best served cold. But I didn't.

Either way, Kush meer in toches

No comments: