Tuesday, August 17, 2004

When I took on my way crappy temp job I told the Temp Agency that I'd commit the full three weeks. Anyways, then I got the job and as the job wore on, I started to think that maybe I should not work the full three weeks and maybe take a day or two off. I mean the temp job sucks, I'm starting a real live actual job next week, why not take some time off? Just for old times sake I could do the not working thing, except this time without the whole extremely stressed out thing. Stay up late, sleep in, watch "Charmed" at 10, then get coffee and surf the Web for the rest of the day. And so I asked for Wednesday, that being tomorrow, to be my last day. No problem, right? It's a Temp job, what's a commitment? Isn't that the point of them? And it's not like my job is that difficult. My friend's soon-to-be-four year old could do it.

But no.

The place I'm working at got pissed at the Temp Agency because I was supposed to commit for the full three weeks. Not only were they not going to replace me, meaning the agency loses two days of fee's, but they were going to look elsewhere next time they asked for a Temp. So basically I got the Temp Agency in trouble for wanting to leave. All this over two days of frickin' remedial temp work. And because I'm a sucker, because the Temp Agency has been good to me and the owner a really good guy, not to mention the fact that it is money, I'm there til Friday. All I can say is they want me to work, so I will. And I want to come in late, take long breaks, and hour long lunches. So I will.

Fuckers.

No comments: