Thursday, August 26, 2004

Sorry for the lack of postings (computer issues).

Just to catch you up, here's Tuesday night's post…..

You know the "Seinfeld" episode where Putty reveals himself to be a face-painter and Jerry wants tickets to a Devils hockey game? So Jerry winds up getting tickets through Putty but only under the condition that he paints something on his chest and has to stand up and cheer everytime the camera shows him?

Tomorrow night that's me. Sort of.

Friend called up and did the "so what are you doing Wednesday night?" thing. Tell her nothing and she asks if I want to go with her to the A's game. I say, fer sure (of course). This may come as a surprise to those of you who read this (and those of you who are just joining us- ahem), I like baseball. And as much as I hate to admit it, I haven't gone to an A's game in an awfully long time (not since they were good) only because I'm from San Francisco and a huge Giants fan. And, yes, I am a snot. I admit it.

Of course, it wasn't until I had already agreed to go that she told me that I'll be going with her office. Oh, and that I'd have to wear a t-shirt for the occasion and that we're going to be put on the Jumbotron and I'd have to stand up and cheer when we're being shown to all 20,000 drunks at the Coliseum.

Addendum- it was my first A's game in about six years. It really is a different world entirely from good ole SBC. It's more run-down, scruffier. It's like you know when you hang out with friends who got the totally nice furniture and the totally nice house and then you go visit your slacker friend and he's living in a house with roomates and old paint and run-down furniture. That's what watching an A's game is like. All of which sounds kind of depressing in a way until you open up the Chron and see this photo of your typical SBC Giants fan- drinking wine in their box seats while talking on the phone.

No comments: