Sunday, August 29, 2004

You know, I had actually made it a point of sitting home during a blazing hot Saturday afternoon to write up a bunch of stuff for the bloggie- brilliantly witty stuff that would have taken this whole thing up to a whole other level if I don't say so myself. But then I got to the point where I was going to edit them before posting and realized that they weren't brilliantly witty but more like crappily shite (ed note- is "crappily" even a word? Should you even be writing at 11 PM Sunday night?). Not that what I was trying to say was shite- first weeks of a new job tends to lend itself towards all sorts of whacky misadventures- but what I wrote was shite. And I wasn't even hungover when I wrote them.

So I started rewriting them and, well, didn't get very far mainly because I'm hungover now. What this all means, of course, is that I apologize for not having more stuff to post. And come back later, y'all cause I got some good ones.

I'll just conclude all of this with an annotated Brilliant List, which I didn't even really do this weekend (see note about hangover).

-The new flick "Hero.". It's an absolutely beautiful movie.
-Also the flick "Garden State." Yes, Natalie Portman is totally adorable. And yes, the soundtrack is totally bitching.
-Barry Bonds four homers away from 700 (and yes, I'm totally going to SBC this weekend in hopes of seeing 700)
-New, cheap-ass benefits
-Lobster dinner at the Gun & Sport Social Club.

And the not so Brilliant thing of the week-
-Kerry now down by 4 in most polls and in statewide polls too. All because of those Swift Vets for "Truth." Way to go America. Kudos. Those of us who are actually paying attention to what's going on in the world totally thank you. Remember, folks, just because you see it on TV doesn't mean it's true.

Oh yeah, I saw a preview for this movie, Shaun of the Dead. while seeing "Hero." I am so all over this movie.

No comments: