Sunday, October 10, 2004

Not that what I think matters or considered relevant to matters discussed forthwith, but is it me or is going shopping at Safeway in leather, thigh-high go-go boots with tiny (tiny) leather shorts maybe a bit too much? Throw in the guy wearing a kilt and the other guy so decked out in 80's regalia- keyboard tie, greasy curly Weird Al hair, and black jacket- that I half expected him to jump into his car after shopping to go play keytar in an 80's cover band and you have one weird day at Safeway.

Yep, I'm back, although a little flu-ish. Damn bug has been going around and because I catch everything that goes around (thank God I'm not living in the Middle Ages) I caught it. Well, somewhat. I'm in that limbo-land between being sick and being well and I hate being in limbo-land. If I'm going to be sick, just let me be sick and get it over with instead of being just sick enough to feel schleppy but not sick enough to feel guilty about spending a day resting at home when it's beautiful out. I mean, if you're sick you get to feel sick and take care of yourself and do the "oh, poor sick me" routine which is all part of the fun of being sick. When you're in the middle between sick and well, you can't quite do that. Plus, all things considering, I can't get sick. That's one of the problems with contracting- no work means no Benjamins and right now I'm all about the Benjamins.

No comments: