Friday, October 01, 2004

While my previous Homeless Neighbor is now gone- I guess he found a better spot- another one has moved in. This one, however, doesn't like the alcove next to my apartment door, he likes the apartment door. So much so, he's using it as a pillow. Not only that, I guess he must have just gone shopping for food because all of his food, some of it half-eaten, is strewn all around him. It is, as they say, quite a sight. And yes, the question that needs to be asked is how is this happening? There doesn't appear to be anyone doing anything about it. Everyone's just stepping over him, either walking down the street or coming in and out of my apartment building. All this within half-a-block of a police station. And I wonder this too- if I do something about the homeless guy myself, like call the cops to have them do something in San Francisco parlance, does this make me the bad guy for not wanting to step over somebody when I come home from lunch?

No comments: