Tuesday, May 21, 2002

And then comes the sweatpants phase……

Couldn't get out of bed this morning. Didn't see the point. Couldn't think of a reason to, so I lied there. Too tired to get out of bed. Knew coffee would help, but too lazy to even get out of bed to go outside and get coffee.

Spent half an hour in bed debating on whether or not I should shave. Haven't shaved since Friday. Beard's all scruffy and itchy. But if I don't have the energy to even get out of bed, how am I gonna have the energy to shave?
Besides, do I really need to? Who am I gonna see today? What point is there in shaving? I shave anyways.

Thought about seeing a movie. That'll get me out of the house. It'll cheer me up. And I want to see About a Boy because I love Nick Hornby, but if I go today, then what'll I do tomorrow? Or Thursday? And there's a three-day weekend coming up, which'll mean I'll have some friends around and if I see all the movies by myself, what'll I do with them? Besides, it's too late for an early show so I could go at 2'ish, but then I'd have to miss Pardon the Interruption on ESPN at 2:30. Could go later, but then I'd miss the start of the ball game tonight. Dbacks/Giants, first meeting of the season. Could go food shopping. Almost out of food. Could go tomorrow, I'm not that out of food. Have the time, though. Have the time tomorrow too. So I do neither.

Besides, the only point of today is to kill time until the season finale of Buffy, not to mention a new episode of The Real World.

That's half of unemployment, just killing time until something happens.

And some friends are jealous that I'm unemployed.

No comments: