Sunday, May 19, 2002

A trial? A trial? That's all they could come up with the for the finale of The X-Files? And repeating a scene from the first episode? I'm suprised Mulder didn't start telling Scully about the conspiracy behind the top button of a shirt. It was pretty much the exact same thing as the Seinfeld finale except with explosions.

And the episode pretty much reminded me of why I stopped watching the show in the first place. It was exactly like all of the "mythology" episodes. Which goes something like this:

Scully: Mulder, what's wrong?
Mulder: I think I know what the truth is.
Scully: What is it?
Mulder: I can't tell you.
Scully: Why not?
Mulder: Because.
Scully: I don't believe you, even though you're always right.
Mulder: I know because it's the truth.
Scully: And what is the truth?
Mulder: It's....

commercial break

Scully: Where are we going?
Mulder: To see a man about the truth.
Scully: Who is this man?
Mulder: A man who knows the truth. The truth is out there and I have to find out.
Scully: How do you know he knows what he knows?
Mulder: Because some mysterious guy appeared out of nowhere and told me.
Scully: Okay.

Scully & Mulder come upon a strange man in a darkly lit room
Mulder: What is it? What is the truth?
Man: I can't tell you.
Mulder: But a mysterious man told me to visit you.
Man: Don't trust what he tells you, he's lying.
Mulder: But he said you know the truth.
Man: I do know the truth.
Mulder: Then what is it? If you don't tell me I'm gonna leave and go hang out with my hot wife, try to launch a movie career that goes nowhere and leave poor Gillian because she'll never really get another gig.
Man: It's.....

he's shot and dies

Mulder: Damnit, he didn't tell me what the truth is.
Scully: I'm sorry Mulder, some day we'll find out what the truth is. Some day Chris Carter will actually figure it out.
Mulder: The truth is out there Scully. I know it is. By the way, Is it sweeps week?
Scully: Yes, why?
Mulder: Because then maybe we should snuggle with each other and look like we're making out so Fox can leak it to the press that we finally kiss and they can hype it to death.....

End of show

No comments: