Thursday, February 27, 2003

Home sick. And not just because of Buffy's demise, but because I'm sick. You know what the worst part of calling in sick is? The lying in bed in the morning trying to make the call on whether to pull the trigger or not. You always think "well, I'm not that sick and I do have this and that to do" while on the other hand, you're head's pounding away and you feel like you haven't had anything to drink for months.

And you know what the best part of calling in sick is? When you pull the trigger, make the call and turn over to the other side of bed and go back to sleep, all the while knowing that you don't have to get up again until you really want to.

I did, however get a panicky phone call from work that woke me up in the middle of a nap. Which, yes, kind of sucks that people are calling you at home while you're on your death bed. But, on the other hand, it's good to know that, yes, things are falling apart without you.

Goodbye, Mr. Rogers. We'll miss you.

It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood,
A beautiful day for a neighbor,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

It's a neighborly day in this beautywood,
A neighborly day for a beauty,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?

I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you.

So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together, we might as well say,
Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Won't you please,
Won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor?

Spoken: Hi television neighbor, I'm glad we're together again....

No comments: