Sunday, February 09, 2003

I was thinking over the weekend how much cooler life would be if it were like Vegas. No, not in that trashy, tacky and Sin City way (although, come to think of it, that wouldn't be so bad), but more in that you go play, accrue whatever you have and then cash in your chips. Except instead of money, it's with karma.

What I'm getting at is that if there is such a thing as karma, and that what eventually goes around comes around, wouldn't it be great if you could cash in a few karma chips when you really need it? You know, like you're thinking, okay, I've gone through a fair amount of shit recently and I'd like to cash in those Going Through Shit Chips and I'm a Good Guy chips right now. And no, I'm not talking about something like winning the lottery or Game 6 of the Series ending differently for the Giants or suddenly have Salma Hayek show up your door naked, but just something a little bit more normal. Something just a little cool, something to add a merriment to a world that's grown to dark.

Is cashing in some karma chips that big of a deal? And if so, can I cash some in right now?

Does anyone know how it's done?

No comments: