Wednesday, June 25, 2003

And how did my day go you may be asking? Gusher. Total gusher.

I have this knick on my face, right beneath the left-side of my lip. It's always been a sensitive spot, ever since I was a kid. One false move and it's Let it Bleed. Today it bled. It bled so much I was fifteen minutes late to work.

Let's face it, there's not a whole lot you can do when you're gushing out blood like that from a shaving cut. You can't brush your teeth because you're bleeding too much. You can't put on clothes because you're either too busy holding a kleenex on the spot or too afraid of getting your clothes bloody. And you certainly can't leave your apartment until the gusher stops gushing. I mean walking down the street with blood dripping down my chin does not look good.

The gushing, unfortunately, pretty much set the tone for the day- a ten-hour, no break, computer crashing, files slow to download, kind of day. Actually, check that. What set the tone for the day wasn't the little shaving nick, but the having to come into work fifteen minutes late only to discover that there was no coffee left. Coffee pots coffee pots everywhere, but not any coffee to drink. We were out.

That my friends, is when you know it's gonna be one of those days.

And here's proof- I actually did this today. We had a quicky meeting today with my boss, my bosses boss, and someone in my department to go over scheduling. My bosses boss, who I'm still a little shaky with, gives me a bunch of orders to follow through on, in kind of a "let's roll" tone of voice. So I rolled. Walked right away from the meeting and started to do what he told me to do.

Problem was the meeting wasn't over. I got myself psyched up, I split the meeting smack-dab in the middle of it, leaving everyone else there wondering just where the hell I was going.

D'oh!

No comments: