Sunday, June 08, 2003

Oh well, not to be too dreary and depressing here because it's actually been a good weekend, but I just thought we'd end this weekend's blog entries by continuing with this weekend's themes- women. Just as I got dropped off from a lovely bbq with ex-coworkers, I saw her- the White Whale. Sitting and enjoying some Middle Eastern food with your typical hipster doofus at the Middle Eastern Restaurant right next door to my apartment. It's been a year since I've seen her and knew I was due. So there she was, right next door to my apartment.

I guess I can take some satisfaction in knowing that she seems to have gained quite a bit of weight since I last saw her (of course, so have I, but that's not the important thing here) and she got herself a nose piercing. No while there's nothing wrong with getting your nosed pierced in your early-to-mid 20's (it's so not wrong it's a cliché), there is something a little bit wrong about getting one in your '30's. Aren't we all supposed to over stuff like that once we hit 30? Good to know she's still a little on the screwy side.

Man, someday I need to actually sit down and write about the whole thing. Somewhere in my head, somewhere where all this stuff comes out, is the Great San Francisco Story waiting to be written. And it's all about her.

No comments: