Wednesday, June 04, 2003

It's funny how things go sometimes. After months and months of unemployment, not only am I in charge of hiring an Assistant for someone in my department (who I kind of manage) but I get to interview them AND have a say in their hiring.

Oh the fun I could have. I could meet him in the lobby fifteen minutes after he gets there, then spend most of the time on the phone. Or I could stop the interview half-way through and tell them "sorry, it's not working, thanks for coming." And then there's all the great excuses for not hiring him- "sorry, we don't think you play enough video games." Or "I actually hired someone else but I forgot to tell anyone. Better luck next time." Or I could just not answer my phone the whole time and leave him hanging.

Or maybe I'll just be cool.

I have heard that interviewing someone is as hard as being the interviewee. In this particular situation, as it's for a position I don’t know as of yet that much about, I really don't know what to ask. I don't really believe, however, that interviewing someone is as hard as being the interviewee for one particular reason- I have a fucking job.

No comments: