Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I mentioned earlier I was kind of in charge of hiring someone for a part-time position. For some reason, we're not getting a lot of resumes sent in. In fact, we've only gotten one. The one we got today was men, but we're going to bring them in anyways because of the lack of action we're getting.

My problem with bringing him in, though, is that his cover letter is totally wrong- bad punctuation and an inability to capitalize the letter I. I am offended. I keep on telling the Head of the Department that while the resume doesn't look bad, he's not capitalizing the letters in his cover letter.

It doesn't matter. We're bringing him in.

God damnit, I spent a year-and-a-half looking for work, spending hours making sure all my I's were capital and my periods were in. Sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't, but I tried. I'll be damned if I'm gonna let some snot-nosed punk get some job if he didn't even have the decency to capitalize.

It's only fair, after all.

No comments: