Sunday, June 15, 2003

Is there anything worse than being stuck in a small, independent video store and being stuck in there with loud, annoying "Movie Snot Guy?" How the hell am I supposed to pick out my obscure, independent art flick when this guy is busy and very loudly trying to impress his date by saying things like "I don't think Jackie Chan is that great, I just think his nice-guy persona is what people like about him." Or "I saw the digitally remastered version of 'Touch of Evil' and it was fantastic. Man, I love that movie." Hell, he even used "kitsch" in one of his sentences. Everything that was obscure he loved, everything that wasn't he hated, and everything in between was worthy of a long, film-schooly digression about why it was what it was.

I just wanted to grab him by his throat, tell him to shut-up and yell "c'mon, asshole, you know you're pretty stoked on Charlie's Angels II and don't even try to tell me you're not!"

No comments: