Wednesday, February 13, 2002

Because I got viscously screwed over by a Publishing Company that will remain nameless (Diablo Publishing) I am now, once again, calling Temp Agencies looking for work. Yay me. Anyways, I called one of the bigger and better one's yesterday. The receptionist told me to go to the Web site because they have this cool thing where if you go there, you can enter in a bunch of information and it'll schedule an appointment for you. Pretty cool, eh? No sitting around waiting for them to call you back or spending hours trying to actually reach a live person.

Only one problem, though- you can't schedule an appointment unless you enter all the information first. And the most important part of this section is the Personal Essay section, a section that asks you those great questions like "what do you want out of a job?" or "what kind of job are you looking for." Not to mention the always great "what kind of skills do you think you could bring to a job?"

All I want is a fucking temp job that doesn't suck. I don't want to spend all day writing essays. They're all bullshit anyways. Besides, I don't really know how to answer those questions. If I did, I probably wouldn't be needing a fucking Temp Agency.

No comments: