Thursday, February 07, 2002

Just to catch up on a few things....

No "Bonehead Column of the Week" from the past week because there was nothing in the Bay Guardian that was that dumb. And I just applied for a job there, so maybe I should cool it for awhile.

I finally heard back from that company that called me at 8 in the evening. They got back to me friday afternoon (while I was at the movies) and told me that they were interviewing tons of people that day and saturday morning and they really needed me to get back to them to schedule an appointment. Thanks for giving me the heads up. Great job, great opportunity, great company, two hours commute. Oh well.

Oh, stumbled onto a whole new way of knowing I didn't get a job. Interviewed for a place last week. Interview went well and they asked me to e-mail them my references. Sounds good right? Sent them my references, plus a little thank you note but the e-mail kept on bouncing back. Being the proactive and extremely desperate person that I am, I called them first thing the next morning and left them a message saying that I was having trouble sending them my references and to let me know if they got it or still need it. They never called me back. Guess they didn't really need my references after all.

No comments: