Monday, February 11, 2002

Few things to tide you over til I think of something interesting to write-

-I think my favorite show on saturday mornings is that show "India Waves" on one of the foriegn cable stations. It's kind of the TRL Live for Indian Pop Music. Every video is beautifully shot, full of incredibly luscious and exotic locations. Everytime I watch the show, all I want to do is travel to India. But mainly, the videos are just unbelievably, hilariously, completely over the top, grade A, cheese. We're talking melted fondue cheese. Oh, and all of the women in the videos are just plain hot. I think I have a thing for Indian women now. Don't see a lot of them being Jewish though.

- R&B artist R. Kelly just got busted for having underage sex with a 14 year old girl. Police supposedly uncovered a video of the act and have it in their custody. And then there's Russell Maryland, the Raiders football player who is now in jail with some of his friends for rape and a horde of other unspeakable acts. Supposedly, there's a video of that too. I think it goes without saying that if you are able to commit an illegal act, especially any sort of bad, illegal type sexual thing, DO NOT VIDEOTAPE IT. I do not think it gets any dumber than that. Except for having sex with a fourteen year old. Ick.

-I see Britney Spears is advertising something called the "Britney Spears Foundation" on her Pepsi banner ads. What is the "Britney Spears Foundation?" Is it a foundation to help poor, disadvantaged children dress up like ho's? Because it's hard to dress hootchie if you don't have the Benjamins. Poor, poor disadvantaged, non-hootchie children....

- I started a small, very small, debate on the symbolism of dogs and cats in Buffy The Vamprie Slayer on one of the Buffy boards. I am not sure this is a good thing. I also think this definately means I need a job, not to mention a life.

But why did Faith keep turning into a cat in Buffy's dream? And why was Willow extremely concerned with her and Tara's inability to name their cat in the Lynchian acid fest that was the S4 season finale? And is it any coincedence that ever since Buffy died said cat- Miss Kitty Fantastico- has disapeared from the show?

- And finally, why I'm not meant for the business world....

A friend of mine is a big-time, big-shot consultant. He is taking on a new case now, one for a big-time retail outlet, one that does a significant amount of business online. One of the first things that amazed him about the company was that they hadn't institututed any sort of e-mail marketing yet for their online store. As I was busy deleting the ten spam mails that I had recieved this morning, I was wondering if this is really a bad thing.

No comments: