Thursday, February 14, 2002

So I tried to go through that form for the Temp Agency. It is kind of cool, especially since it automatically arranges an interview for you. Again, no having to get passed from voice-mail to voice-mail and all of that crap. I even made up some fancy, shmancy essays for it (on a side note, why don't they teach you in college how to write those kind of crappy personal essays. You know, instead of learning how to write a lengthy analysis about Neitzsche, Conrad and the "Heart of Darkness," you learn how to write bullshit personal essays that really say nothing but sound really impressive and help you say you just want a fucking job in a really profressional sounding way? But I digress).

Only problem with the form is that it's a Web form. Which means you have to enter certain information or you can't go to the next page. I hate Web forms. I really, really, really do. You have to do everything it says and it has to be cut and dry or you can't go the next page. Sometimes, though, things aren't so quite cut and dry. Sometimes you can't put in a nice, neat answer. Which means, you can't go onto the next page. And so you can't go any further in the process.

Which is why I think I'm going to wade through voice-mail for the rest of the afternoon. Because people at least can understand things that aren't black and white.

Grrr.

Oh, guess I'll be back for some sort of Valentine's crap-fest, but I just had to vent after spending an hour wading through the Web site before realizing that I couldn't do it and I had just wasted an hour of my life.

No comments: