Thursday, February 28, 2002

Now about my temp job... How is my temp job? Well, remember when you were in school and you had to go the nurses' office for whatever reason and enter your name and information on a chart? Ever wondered what happened to those charts? I get 'em and enter the info into a database. Somebody has to do it and the company I work for is the company that is the out in the outsource.

Actually, it's not a bad job as they leave me alone, it's way easy, and THEY HAVE FREE COFFEE AND TEA, unlike a certain huge corporation that I temped for. The only thinking that I have to do is trying to read the crappy handwriting and figure out what the name is. Or, if I have to enter the name from scratch, figuring out what sex the person is. Which isn't as easy as it sounds.

And it can be kind of fun too, reading what the kids write down for the reason for visiting the nurse. Like the one kid who wrote "some fat girl threw me down the stairs." Or "cut myself with scissors." I'm almost waiting for someone to write "ate some glue" (that's a Ralph Wiggum shout out, for those not hep to it).

Today, however, I saw the cutest thing. Some kid went to see the nurse one Sept. day because, as he wrote, his "heart hurt" and had a "headache." The nurse, however, just crossed it out and wrote: "broken heart." Poor little Anthony Joseph.

I hear you, brother.

"I jumped in the river and what did I see?
black-eyed angels swimming with me
a moon full of stars and astral cars
all the figures i used to see
all my lovers were there with me
all my past and futures
and we all went to heaven in a little row boat

there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt
there was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt"


No comments: