Saturday, February 23, 2002

Ugh, an anti-war rally is supposed to start in Dolores Park any minute now. Which means I'm kind of trapped in my neighborhood as all the marches shut down pub trans for a couple of hours. So I'm kind of forced to sit in my apartment for a couple of hours, having to listen to all those stupid speeches and chants coming from the park a couple of blocks away. On my way to get breakfast, saw your typical Mission/Slacker/lesbian activist type with one of those anti-U.S. by way of anti-Israel posters. Because it's so easy to condemn Israel from the vantage point of being a twenty-something San Franciscan sitting in a coffee shop, sipping your Tazo tea with your sprout and tofu bagel, as opposed to living in a place where there's a suicide bomber blowing something up every other day. Guess I'll just sit here and write and try to drown out the muck by listening to some Van Halen.

Actually, could rip on them some more, but I read a few things yesterday about the Current Unpleasantness that makes me want to protest (which I'll write about later). And the way Smirkboy keeps on referring to anything he doesn't like as "evil" is starting to get to me. He uses that word so much he's starting to sound like some character out of a really bad, Grade B, sci-fi flick that you see on Mystery Science Theater.

Besides, J.T. Snow is injured again. Sigh.

And Charles Jones- aka the man who drew Bugs Bunny cartoons- died last night. That is very, very sad.
Sniff.

No comments: