Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Mad typing skills paid off. I start a data entry temp job tomorrow. I'm so happy I can cry. And just when I started getting into the joys of waking up to digital cable and lying in bed for an hour upon waking up watching movies.

Earlier, I had given some love to "Seinfeld." Here's another reason why it is what it is- I interviewed at another Temp/Employment agency today, getting passed around from person to person like a drunken "Little Sister" at a frat party. One of the women I was talking to left for a minute to grab someone else and when she left, I noticed that on a little bowl on her desk, there was a whole bunch of Echinicea candies sitting in the bowl. Now, I'm still a little sick and starting to feel it at that moment, so I start thinking about reaching into the bowl and grabbing one of those candies. But then I start thinking that the moment I did, the women would come back, see me stealing her candy and I'd be able to kiss that agency good bye. For some reason, the image that pops into my head is the scene where George reached into the trash can to grab the half-eaten eclaire, only to be discovered by his girlfriend's mother. And because all I can think about is George in that episode, I didn't take the candy.

I do, however, ask when she comes back. Not only that, as a way of trying to get in good with the women I interviewed with (who was also kind of cute), I told her what I was thinking and that I didn't want to steal the candy because "I'd be pulling a Costanza." And because "Seinfeld" is what it is, she knew exactly what I was talking about and laughed.

No comments: