Thursday, October 17, 2002

And what did I do tonight?

Let's just say it's been a blue Christmas.

You know, I used to like Amazon.com. I swear I did. But, right now, they can just kiss my grits.

My order, which was placed about two and a half weeks ago, didn't show up and it's past due. No problem, thinks I, I can just go to the Web site and get the tracking information. Which, in theory, is a way cool thing. Except for the fact the tracking function hasn't been working all week.

Okay, so I'll just call Amazon to see what's up. So I go to their Web site to find a number to call, but I can't find any Customer Support information. There is a "Help Section" but all that is is a FAQ. No phone number, nothing. The FAQ tells me to go the Tracking page, which is, of course, not working. I search and I search and I search, but can't find a phone number. After some digging, I find a a page that suggests that I track my package through the shipping company that delivered the order. So I go to their site and plugged in the tracking number Amazon gave me. Didn't work.

So now I go back to Amazon. I am gonna get me some customer support, damnit, if it's the last thing I do. I search and I search and I search and I can't find a damn phone number. I did find an e-mail address in which I could send my problem too, but like there actually gonna respond to that. I cannot believe that a major, huge company, especially one that's supposed to be the biggest thing since sliced bread, does not have a phone number for customer support. I even went to the corporate info page and can't find a number. Can't they even do what most other companies do and teach a bunch of Indians in Bombay English and have them man the phones? Unfucking believable.

Because I'm so clever, I go to Google and do a search. After a couple of searches, I finally find a phone number. No, not on an Amazon site, but on some message board in which a bunch of people were having the same problems I was having. Somebody on the board actually wrote Amazon to get a number, a number in which he posted on the board. Finally, a fucking phone number. So I call. Believe it or not, I actually got through without too much waiting on the hold. Which is what I'd expect since nobody knows the damn number.

Finally, some help. They tell me to call the Airborne carrier. Which I do. They had it, but gave it to the post office, which has been sitting on it for a week. Problem, however. I live in a city. A somewhat big one. There's tons of post offices my package could be at and I have no idea which one. So I call back the Airborne carrier and get that information. Sadly, it's past the time I could call the post office to find out where the fuck my CD's are.

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

So, let's get this straight. In two days, I have spent three hours online with Pacbell, half an hour with Earthlink in order to disconnect my dial-up, and an hour dealing with Amazon over two CD's that I ordered.

And you wonder why I'm still cranky.....

No comments: