Friday, October 25, 2002

Was it me or was this afternoon the slowest afternoon in the history of time? Bush could have invaded Iraq, won, occupied it, realized that Saddam had gotten away and the only thing he's been storing up for the past eleven years was his collection of Playboy's and then bombed another country by the time this afternoon ended.

When I first started working, I thought that I'd be able to really handle job-stress. What is job-stress, after all, when you've spent the past year dealing with real-life stress. When you're paying your rent with credit cards and deciding that the best way to pay the bills is to not pay them, anything that happens at work is nothing- a trifle. Now that I'm working and dealing with job stress, I'm realizing that I'm probably taking that attitude just a little to far.

As I was working, I kept on thinking to myself, who cares? I got a job, I'm making money, I got my life back, I'm not moving to the Middle of Nowhere Pa, and the Giants are Oh-My-God one win away from winning the whole thing, so everything is just totally "what-ever". All this working stuff is just pretty much one big huge buzz kill.

No comments: