Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Wanna know what I did tonight?

D-S-L, baby, D-S-L!

Which means, of course, the usual three-hour phone call to SBC help in order to figure out how to install the "easy install" system. And how suprised am I that I spent my night on the phone with a few hapless tech guys on all night? There is no such thing as "easy install" when it comes to computers.

It would help if SBC actually had a number that was easy to get through on. It would also help if the Mac guy isn't the Install Guy and the Install Guy doesn't know anything about Mac's. It would also have helped if I didn't have mysterious "conductivity issues" with Digital Cable. Hmm, wonder if the fact that AT&T is fighting with SBC over DSL has anything to do with it blocking my connection?

And finally, it would also help if I actually read the instructions. Ooooops.

No comments: