Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Yep, it's Halloween again. And just like last year (which I could link to if I could find my damn archives), I'm so very Bah Humbug this year.

I used to love Halloween too. How could you not? Hell, I went to UCSB, where Halloween isn't just a holiday, it's a P-A-R-T-Y. At one point, it was the biggest Halloween party this side of the Mississippi, a Mardi-Gras like bachanalia involving up to 40,000 people. Halloween in 'SB featured one of my favorite UCSB moments- my friend's neighbors taking some guy up to her apartment for a little nookie and asking him on the way up "what was your name again?" Yeah, not that exciting, but I can't actually detail other stories without probably getting arrested by John Ashcroft. Let me just say that nothing quite rocks like dancing to "Rock Lobster" with tons of strobe lights and mushroom tea.

For some reason, these days, I just don't care. I wish I could blame it on new job stress, just like last year I blamed it on no job stress, but I'm starting to realize that there's more to it than that.

Damnit, I'm getting old.

And it sucks.

Let's rock!

Boys in bikinis
Girls in surfboards
Everybody's rockin'
Everybody's fruggin'

Twistin' round the fire
Havin' fun
Bakin' potatoes
Bakin' in the sun

Put on your noseguard
Put on the lifeguard
Pass the tanning butter

Here comes a stringray
There goes a manta ray
In walked a jelly fish
There goes a dogfish
Chased by a catfish
In flew a sea robin
Watch out for that pirahna
There goes a narwhal
Here comes a bikini whale!



No comments: