Saturday, November 30, 2002

And a Happy Hannukah to everyone. I would say that I'm being a good Jew and lighting the candles every night, but I'm not. Can't find any damn Hannukah candles. Wahlgreen's had tons of Christmas candles, but no Hannukah candles. You could get a cheesy mock-up of Bedford Falls, not to mention endless amounts of plastic, mini Christmas trees, but no Hannukah candles. You know what this means, of course- that Wahlgreen's is completely anti-semitic.

Bastards.

And what did I do to celebrate this wonderful, joyous, festival of lights? Trying to track down for you, oh readers, the latest lyrics to Adam Sandler's Hannukah Song (the new version) only because the video clip that I saw of it had him mention that Jennifer Connelly is half-Jewish and what that means in the scheme of the universe. Sadly, I couldn't find anything, nor proof that the formerly busty-one is half-Jewish. And knowing that Lisa Kudrow (Phoebe from Friends, duh) isn't quite the same(I would like to point out, however, that she is, as a friend would say, the "White Buffalo"- a Jewish woman who is blonde and thus the ultimate Jewish girl in that she's Jewish but looks like a shiksa).

In searching for all this world-changing information, I wound up spending way too much time looking through Adam Sandler sites (G-d help me) and even watched "the making of" his latest cartoon movie. Just wondering, but when a bunch of people say "it's his best movie ever" is that saying anything? Or what about when they say "it's the fullest realization of his comedic vision"?

With straight faces too.

No comments: