Sunday, November 24, 2002

Where oh where did my Meadow go?

Just a word of advice, if you're trying to have a nice, stress-free, mano-a-mano duel with the flu, don't accidently rejigger your hard drive. Not exactly a relaxing why to spend to the evening.

For some reason, Microsoft Word hasn't been working. It's been crashing everytime I open it. This is not good, especially if you wanna be a wanna-be writer. So I played around, took out some of the install discs I got with my iMac and without really paying attention to anything, I got myself a new hard-drive. Oops. Now everything's all messed up. Half of the programs that I had don't work anymore, nothing looks right, and I can't even figure out which fonts I was using before. I liked everything the way it was before. Can't I go back to the way it was before?

The pisser of it all? I can't even open Microsoft Word now. Oh yeah, and I can't use another big, huge part of my master plan program because it's reasking me for the disc's serial number and I don't have it because I stole it from my last job.

The point of this is that when you're not feeling well and need some rest, having to spend most of the night playing fixing your computer is not the best thing to happen.

No comments: